Halifax County Leap of Kindness 2020
Halifax County Leap of Kindness 2020
2020 is a Leap Year!
What Will You Do With an Extra Day?
How to Participate
Looking for specific local ideas?
Here are our submitted non-profit requests.
Halifax County Cancer Association
HCCA is in need of $5 food cards and ensure. For more information
please contact Sharon (434) 476-2714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Halifax Volunteer Fire Department
The Halifax Volunteer Fire Department is seeking assistance with improving their facility.
For more information, email email@example.com or call Tina (434)572-7707.
Red Hill-Patrick Henry Memorial Foundation
Any donation to Red Hill through Leap of Kindness Day will go directly toward admission for Halifax County School groups who participate
in Living History Days. Call (434)376-2044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Racing For Heroes
Empowering the lives of our nation's Veterans through motorsports, health, wellness and employment opportunities. Be a hero! 100% of donations go directly to our programs.
South Boston/Halifax County YMCA
We are in need of planning out and creating a small prayer garden on our property. We are also in need of community clean up/ repairs to our softball field/track as we are hosting more events/sports in that area.
SouthernVirginia Higher Education Foundation
Your gift provides a brighter future for Southern Virginia Higher Education students. As a donor, you have the choice to determine where your gift is allocated. https://svhef.org/giving-to-svhef/#planned
Tri County Community Action Agency
Adopt a class! Paint a classroom or donate supplies such as pencils, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. Read to a class the week of 2/24-2/28.
Donate food items to the Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Program or hotel vouchers. For more information call (434)575-7916.
Tri River Habitat for Humanity
Tri River is in need of volunteers to assist with their latest
habitat project on 313 Wickham Street, South Boston, VA.
To volunteer or for more information contact Gene Hough
(434)575-2533 or Gray Ramsey (434) 770-2929.
- Provide gifts of treats or flowers to local nursing homes or hospice facilities;
- Collect items to support programs that serve disabled veterans;
- Donate items to a local animal shelter or rescue;
- Donate and deliver food to local first responders;
- Work with a local Scout unit to make cards for residents at local hospitals, nursing homes and other care facilities.
- Consider matching your employees’ donations of goods or funds;
- Have your students make spring banners and decorations for local nursing homes or long term care.
- Hold a clothing, food and hygiene product drive for local shelters serving the homeless, domestic violence victims or local teens and young adults.
- Provide free admissions or discounts to local first responders and veterans.
- Conduct a food drive at work to support local food pantries.
- Send a note of gratitude to your child’s teacher.
- Solicit ideas from your employees or team members for #LeapOfKindnessDay.
- Make an online donation to a charity or nonprofit of your choice.
Thank You to Our Participating Businesses
We will be hosting a drive to support the Comet Giving Closet with non-perishable food/clothing items/toiletries/school supplies, etc.
For more information call (434) 517-9947 or email email@example.com
KJ's Cake Creations
A donation to HCCA for their Celebration of Life event in June
and a treat for our County Dispatch Employees
Town of Halifax Farmers Market
Halifax Farmers Market will host a supply drive for the Comet Giving Closet at Halifax High School. Items needed for the closet are Non Perishable Foods, Men's & Women's Underwear, Deodorant, Shampoo & Conditioner, Body Wash, Book Bags, Binders, Note Cards, Leggings & Sweatpants. Items can be dropped off at Halifax Farmers Market this Saturday the 22nd and next Saturday the 29th from 9am-1pm. Items can also be dropped off at Halifax Town Hall located at 70 South Main Street during business hours.
World of Sports
A food drive will be held Feb 24-27, 2020 to support the Good Samaritan.
For every item donated, you will get $1 on an arcade card. Donation box will be located at the counter in the Arcade.