At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job Function: Engineering & Science
Publication date: 2023-10-19
Reference number: R0024174
Hitachi Energy is a leading provider of power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact.
We are currently seeking 2nd and 3rd shift Test Technicians to join our Power Grids division and perform general labor to manufacture world-class liquid-filled transformers for the distribution & power transformer markets within our South Boston, VA facility.
Basic Job Description
Under minimal supervision, perform assignments of substantial variety and moderate complexity utilizing test and laboratory equipment, instrumentations and controls. Coordinate work with other departments. May provide guidance to less experienced technicians.
Typical duties/responsibilities for test operations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Perform other related duties, as assigned by management.
- Perform a variety of electrical test including power factor, low and high-power tests, Impulse, Special, Standard and Temp Run.
- Pull standard and G&O liquid samples.
- Calibrate instruments.
- Must be articulate and be able to explain problems and/or solutions to Engineering.
- Must have a high level of safety awareness and perform work in a safe manner.
- Must have basic computer skills to create Certified Test Reports.
- Follow ISO standards.
- Troubleshoot test equipment and apply knowledge and experience towards the solution of problems, repairs or modifications.
- Participate in continuous improvements initiatives.
- Participate actively in team meetings and group discussions.
- Interface with other departments to accurately communicate information.
- Must be willing to cross train in multiple skills.
- Assist in the training of other employees.
- Must be a team player but able to work independently.
- Available to work overtime as required including weekends.
Associate Degree or diploma in Electrical Electronics program or related field equal to minimum of two years of electrical education is required. Previous experience in a test manufacturing environment is preferred.
APPLY HERE: https://www.hitachienergy.com/us/en/careers/open-jobs/details/JID3-51538