Sr. Quality Specialist - Gate Keeper
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job function: Production & Skilled Trades
Publication date: 2024-02-08
Reference number: R0043917
Hitachi Energy is seeking for Sr. Quality Specialist - Gate Keeper for it's South Boston, VA location.
Responsible for supporting the Quality Assurance and compliance to respective quality processes and local/global/international standards across all functional areas. Assists QA Manager in various tasks. Gate 3 & Gate 4 Gate Owner to ensure Customer satisfaction.
- Quality Management System: Assists with the creation and implementation of, and ensures conformance with instructions, guidelines and procedures to drive standardization and consistent execution in delivery of customer requirements. Supports the QA Manager in the maintenance, administration and improvements of the Quality Management System.
- Quality Assurance: Document and review NCRs and defects reports. Fill in as support to the QA Manager for all quality control work areas, including proper implementation of required production standards and Quality Inspection Cards (QIC).
- Customer Complaints & Corrective Actions: Assist with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide the local improvement actions toward greater customer satisfaction. Works with issues identified through Customer Complaint Resolution process (CCRP), Top 5 quality Initiatives (T5QI) and other voice of the customer initiatives
- Supplier Quality: When required, support the supplier quality engineer in collecting and tracking supplier quality data and metrics for routine reporting. Support activities to quality of incoming materials.
- Compliance & Audits: Assist the QA Manager in the organization, planning, hosting, and report-out of audits. Gate 3 & Gate 4 Gate Owner to ensure Customer satisfaction.
- Tools & Training: Conduct tasks in support of record management, document controls and training.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Med / High Voltage Electrician License degree.
- AWS D1.1 CWI
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 15-20 years of experience as quality technician in manufacturing environment and field service technician
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience in transformer manufacturing process.
- Diversified knowledge of engineering, manufacturing and related functions.
- In-depth knowledge of quality assurance programs, procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills to negotiate effectively with suppliers, customers and internal groups.
- Ability to coordinate activities involving diverse technical disciplines.
- Ability to develop innovation solutions to problems make decisions regarding quality matters that may significantly impact contracts.