Power 2 Operations Development Program
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Experience: Entry level
Job Function: Production & Skilled Trades
Publication date: 2023-10-02
Reference number: R0032861
Hitachi Energy is seeking candidates interested in a career in Operation for its Power 2 Operations Development Program. This is a rotational development program that would be an ideal next step for recent graduates and/or those transitioning for Military Service. In the Power 2 Operations Development Program, you will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in multiple areas of the operation including Materials, Operational Engineering and Supervision. You will also have the unique opportunity to work in one of US based factories in South Boston, VA, all while gaining the skills and knowledge needed to support the production of Power Transformers, Distribution Transformers and Transformer Components. As a full-time member of our North American Operations team, you will be provided with continuous career support, development and coaching throughout the Operations Development Program. If you are seeking to find a great opportunity that will allow you to broad business acumen that will provide tremendous growth opportunities within our organization, this is the role for you!
- Learn basics of Operations and Hitachi Energy's Integrated Transformer Management process (ITM) used in the manufacturing of transformers.
- Take ownership of your rotational assignment.
- Assignments will consist of
- Material Management, where you will gain experience in purchasing and.or planning functions
- Operational Engineering, where you will gain experience in manufacturing and/or quality engineering
- Supervision, where you will gain experience required to manage day-to-day production activities.
- Develop and apply Integrated Transformers Management (ITM) tools, processes, and skills to drive operational performance improvements.
- Collaborate with other business functions where your actions will directly contribute to our commitment to exceeding customers' expectations.
- Learn about relevant business process, products and how they are applied to provide solutions that meet customers objectives.
- Champion our Leadership Pillars and Diversity 360 initiatives to create an inclusive, engaged employee environment.
- Work with purpose - We keep critical infrastructure running insuring the lights stay on at factories, hospitals, schools, and homes.
- Your work will contribute to our mission to deliver a stronger, smarter, and greener grid.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or Operational Engineering disciplines from an Accredited University along with Intern and Co-op experience.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Interest in the energy and/or manufacturing sectors
- Self-starter that seeks knowledge outside of the classroom
- Willing to travel and relocate during the rotational assignments (relocation assistance will be provided)
- Willingness to work in both office and factory environments