|Advise and educate individuals on financial and housing topics. Enhance program services by engaging community stakeholders. Empower customers to become financially stable.
1. Conducts community based educational workshops on housing and financial topics.
2. Initiates internal and external outreach designed to identify new customers.
3. Represents agency with stakeholders to expand agency awareness and enhance housing program services.
4. Conducts one on one counseling sessions.
• Interviews customer to assess customer’s overall financial situation by reviewing income, assets,
debts, expenses, credit reports or other financial information.
• Conducts thorough financial analysis and develop a plan to achieve their goals.
• Educates customers on financial and housing topics including but not limited to credit reports,
loan products, down payment assistance programs, collections, foreclosure prevention strategies,
• Coaches customer to develop skills needed to access resources and advocate for self.
• Provides ongoing follow-up and guidance as needed.
5. Maintains and updates client management system and all other associated database systems.
6. Gathers, packages and submits loan modification applications to mortgage servicers and advocates on behalf of customer for modification or foreclosure alternatives (where applicable).
7. Gathers, packages and submits new loan applications to lenders on behalf of customers (where applicable).
8. Actively engages in staff meetings and conference calls.
9. Prepares reports as required.
10. Comply with National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling.
11. Furthers counseling capacity through ongoing professional development.