Family Case Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The TCCAA Head Start Family Case Manager will work in coordination with the Head Start Director, service area supervisors & specialists, and other staff in the planning and implementation of the Family and Community Partnership service area at an assigned center. This candidate will promote parent involvement programs which encourage the educational, social and emotional development of all Head Start Families. The candidate will also provide linkages in outreach and recruitment activities. The Family Case Manager will ensure the delivery of the following services to parents, guardians and preschool children enrolled in Head Start: parent involvement, social services, transition and health.
- Strong knowledge of theories and practices of Human Services (typically a Degree and/or experience in a Human Service field to include community and public relations)
- Experience working with low-income families
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to communicate with professionals, children, parents and community members.
- Knowledge of geographic areas and services available
- Ability to schedule, manage and work with minimum direct supervision
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED (Bachelor’s degree in Human Service or related field preferred)
- Access to car and possess a valid Virginia Operator’s License with current insurance
- Must be flexible, willing to change scheduled destination on short notice
Tri-County Community Action Agency, Inc.
1176 Huell Matthews Highway
PO Box 799
South Boston, VA 24592