Domestic Violence Shelter Relief Staff (Part-Time)
The Domestic Violence Shelter Relief Staff will provide direct services to victims seeking safe shelter in Halifax County, South Boston, Mecklenburg, Charlotte and Lunenburg Counties.
Salary Range: $10.00-$15.00 an hour
- Develop a positive working relationship with other appropriate human services agencies.
- Provide appropriate intake services, support, security, crisis intervention, transportation, life skills, and/or advocacy as needed for domestic violence victims who are shelter residents.
- Make appropriate referrals to other agencies and counselors as needed.
- VaData entry, Collect monthly client statistics and write monthly reports.
- Share on-call responsibilities for the shelter on the evenings and weekends.
- Answer hotline when on duty.
- Fulfills all other assigned responsibilities, duties, and task pertaining to shelter resident’s needs or issues not specifically listed within this job description that are requested by the Project Director or President/CEO (Project Administrator) of TCCAA.
- Employee must have experience working with and knowledge of human service agencies, with ability to work with volunteers, and coordinate programs. Employee must have knowledge of counseling techniques as well as crisis intervention skills and an understanding of the unique needs of both child and adult victims of domestic violence. Employee will be subjected to varying and unpredictable situations, handles emergency and crisis situations, occasionally subjected to irregular hours, occasional pressure/stress due to multiple calls, client issues and meeting deadlines, at times there may be moderate physical activity. Personal vehicle may be necessary for travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, counseling, psychology, social work, or related field preferred (not required).