Sewing Machine Operators
Gloster is currently looking for skilled craftspeople join our team. We are looking for a responsible Textile Sewer to operate overlock and/or single needle sewing machine for the purpose of closing the opening through which synthetic or natural fillings are inserted into pillow ticks, comforter shells, cushions and/or and other related products with accuracy and speed, to meet company expectations. This position will report to the department supervisor, production manager.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, cleaning sewing machines, oiling, troubleshooting.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle surging and flat-bed filling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Guide pillow and comforter shells or shell parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Sew tags, zippers, or other customer requested material onto pillow.
- Use scissors to cut excess material or thread from finished product
- Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in work area.
Ideal candidates will have 1-2 years of previous sewing experience. Gloster will train motivated candidates that have a passion for creating items with their hands. Must have good attendance and solid work history. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.