Production Assistant & Scheduler
Gloster Furniture America is a leading manufacturer of premier outdoor furniture. In conjunction with our sister companies in Indonesia and Germany, Gloster is one of the world’s largest international producers of responsibly produced outdoor teak furniture. Understanding our teak resources and respecting the sustainable plantation culture, we only harvest what we plant ourselves. Our philosophy is simple; design the most well-crafted, innovative product while honoring our teak roots, from seed to seat. We may live in a different world than the one occupied by our founders, but one thing remains the same - we are furniture makers whose sole focus is to design and build the world’s finest outdoor furniture.
Located in South Boston, VA, Gloster is searching for a Production Assistant/Scheduler to join our dynamic production team. The Production Assistant/Scheduler is responsible for creating cushion production schedule, working with customer service to ensure orders are updated as needed, determining inventory of fabric and other supplies and purchasing as needed, inventory control, database management, customer reporting, fabric forecasting and other duties as needed.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with an eye for detail that likes solving puzzles. We look for candidates that can think outside of the box and be innovative in creating new opportunities. Must be an excellent communicator and a strong team player.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Run various reports to determine hours scheduled, inventory levels, and promise dates
- Schedule production of pieces based on orders received, priority, and available hours
- Communicate with customer service team on lead times, material shortages, delays, expedites, and other issues; Monitor workflow to ensure on time delivery, communicate any issues with customer service
- Purchase raw materials used in cushion production
- Maintain vendor pricing
- Inventory materials as they arrive and enter adjustments as needed
- Create Bill of Materials and update as needed
- Work with the Brand Manager and Production Manager on fabric forecasting
- Suggest process changes to Manager, work on special teams to improve company wide processes as needed
- Other duties as needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required, Associate’s in Business or similar field preferred
- 1- 2 years previous production and/or scheduling experience
- MS Office Skills, Advanced Excel preferred
- Detail oriented, well organized with an emphasis on time management skills and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunities, health insurance, 401K with company match, a generous paid time off policy, company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability, and more.
Gloster Furniture is an EEO Employer
Interested candidates should apply here.