Receives orders to be picked from Supervisor. The order picker/filler is responsible for filling customer and production orders and efficiently delivering them to the Packing Platform/Production Platform, meeting company standards for safety, security, and productivity.
- The order Picker/Filler is responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Order Picker/Filler will efficiently pick customer orders for shipment or embellishment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product has been picked. Carry, or transport orders to correct location (Packing Platform or Production Platform) with material handling equipment. Stencil, tag, or mark orders as requested/needed.
- Repack and weigh any orders that require such handling when necessary
- Report quality variances
- Ensure that outbound shipments are accurate and free of any damage
- Conduct physical inventories as required/needed either daily, monthly, or bi-annually
- Receive shipping containers
- Rotate old stock upon receipt of new goods
- Repack and weigh any orders that would require repackaging
- Ensure that the correct number and type of product is loaded/packed and shipped, including but not limited to orders that have been embroidered in Production
- Ensure internal Sales Order matches outbound Packing Slip, being aware of any changes
- Ship each customer order via correct carrier and method
- Each picker/filler is designated a certain area of the warehouse. Employee must maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area
- Assist in the security of the warehouse
- Forklifts and other machinery that may be used in the warehouse is limited in its usage to persons certified to operate said machinery
- Be on time for your shift
- Maintain a working knowledge of cap styles
- Assist in other projects as necessary
- Practice personal safety and maintain a safe working environment for others
- Order pickers/fillers are not to be behind or operating any machine that they do not have certification for. This includes, but is not limited to embroidery machines, cap blockers, etc.
- The Packing Platform and its surrounding area is to be kept clean and free of clutter
- Loading docks and other outside areas are to be kept clean and free of clutter
- Trash is to be taken to proper bin/recycled on a daily basis or as needed
- Packing Platform is to have all necessary supplies (boxes, tape, bags, etc.)
The ability to follow verbal and written instructions is extremely important. The order picker/filler must be able to read and count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly. He/She must be able to operate a forklift and radio frequency equipment and have completed a forklift certification training program.
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have an understanding of Windows-based programs
- Have an ability to learn and understand
- Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Must have no physical limitations to standing, bending, or lifting amounts of weight up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work as a team and independently
- Must be able to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency and display an understanding of time management to meet goals
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary, occasionally on short notice
- Must be able to attain competency in the skills needed in this position
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time.
Our benefits package includes:
Health, Dental, Vision, Short term disability and Life Insurance
Paid Vacation, Holidays, Floating Holiday and Paid Absence
Flexible Spending Accounts, both Medical and Dependent Care
401(k) Plan, with 3% Safe Harbor Company Contribution
Employee discount on product