ATDM Manager of Outreach and Placement
Job DetailsJob LocationThe Institute for Advanced Learning and Research - Danville, VAPosition TypeFull TimeEducation Level4 Year DegreeTravel PercentageUp to 25%Job ShiftDay
The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research (IALR) serves as a regional catalyst for economic transformation. The mission will be accomplished through applied research, advanced learning, economic development, advanced manufacturing, and conference services. Driving Economic Transformation is at the heart of everything we do at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research. WE discover breakthroughs, create opportunity, grow innovation, power progress, and host greatness. Each of our divisions plays a critical role in daily preserving and delivering this mission.
What will you do?
The ATDM Manager of Outreach & Placement manages the day-to-day activities of the Accelerated Training in Defense Manufacturing (ATDM) program for recruiting candidates from industry to participate in ATDM training and job placement efforts for career-seeking students who complete the ATDM program. This position manages industry recruiters, job placement coordinators, and specialists and supports the ATDM Assistant Director of Industry Engagement & Outreach. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as work effectively in a team-oriented environment. The ATDM Manager of Outreach and Placement needs to effectively communicate the milestones and deliverables to the staff, as well as multiple internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects and timelines, develop and nurture key partnerships, and promote the ATDM program in a variety of regional and national platforms.
Where will you work?
We are looking for staff to work onsite in Danville, VA.
What do you offer?
• Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience in manufacturing is required, including a thorough knowledge of best practices.
• Experience communicating with industry, including upper management and human resource directors; government officials on local, state, and federal levels; and higher education officials.
• Experience in coordinating projects from idea into implementation required.
• Demonstrated ability to build and sustain strategic partnerships.
• Must be able to work independently and make well-informed decisions with the understanding of initiative-wide and statewide implications.
• Must possess the ability to effectively lead others and meet deadlines. An understanding of career pathways, best practices in talent recruitment and development, and a thorough knowledge of ATDM program areas is required.
• The ability to communicate both orally and written is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products.
What IALR Offers
IALR will offer a salary of $70,000 - $80,000. IALR offers unique career opportunities in an innovative environment, all to support the economic transformation of Southern Virginia. Eligible employees are afforded excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage with lower-than-expected costs and participate in the Virginia Retirement System to save for their future.
Why is the position open?
Because of the growth of our campus through success in our many programs, we’re looking for a ATDM Manager of Outreach and Placement. Due to the success of our Manufacturing Advancement team in executing the Accelerated Training in Defense Manufacturing (ATDM) Program in partnership with the Department of the Navy, this is a new position that is funded by a federal contract. The position is funded through June 2025. IALR will continue to request funding beyond 2025.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.ialr.org/employment. Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are identified.