Health, Safety, Environmental Specialist
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job Function: Legal, Compliance & Audit
Publication date: 2024-01-26
Reference number: R0032398
You will carry out HSE management activities to eliminate or reduce occupational health, production safety, environmental and fire risks within company premise and to ensure the normal operation of the company in accordance with national occupational health, safety, environmental and fire related laws and regulations and company HSE requirements.
- Acting as a coach and advisor toward the supervision team concerning HSE management.
- Assuring the organization's compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal HSE regulations under your scope of responsibility.
- Help maintain and execute the HSE management systems and carry out inspections and audits, analyze the results, and manage the corrective actions.
- Ensure the effectiveness of corrective actions to ensure prevention of reoccurrence.
- Managing the incident reporting, investigation, and analysis program for your area of responsibility.
- Analyzing and monitoring trends regarding incidents, inspections, audits, and corrective measures and keep the HSE Manager informed.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of various Group and Business Unit HSSE programs and procedures (ergonomics, lockout, inspections and scheduled audits, etc.)
- Organizing activities to promote employee and supervisor awareness, increase their participation and encourage the adoption of safe behaviors.
- Responsible for assisting in HSE strategic planning to help move the organization towards achieving all KPI's as well as target and objectives.
- Assist in up skilling the organization regarding risk assessments and risk mitigation techniques.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Chemistry, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences
- Two to Five years of relevant HSE experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office and plant specific software systems
- Team player and approachable
- Professional certifications (e.g., CSP, CIH, CHMM)
- Experience with behavior-based safety programs and culture change initiatives
- Experience and.or familiarity with ISO45001 & ISO 14001
- High comfort level with digitized management tools.
- Experience wit represented workforce
APPLY HERE: https://www.hitachienergy.com/us/en/careers/open-jobs/details/JID3-64560