On-Site Service Specialist
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job Function: IT, Telecom & Internet
Publication date: 2023-12-05
Reference number: R0035594
As OSS Specialist you will provide Desk Side Support to IT users, for all IT matters requiring physical intervention. You will be responsible for supporting incident resolution by engaging with other support teams/groups within IT. You will also act as a representative of IT organization and face to the customer on behalf of other IT functions.
- Troubleshoot issues throughout the facility & with remote users along with:
- Printers - manage supplies, provide troubleshooting, & coordinate with technicians
- Phones - assist end users with setup of mobile devices, including MFA, Wi-Fi, and email along with managing hardware and setup for internal Cisco phones
- Accounts - manage use & upkeep of shared user accounts
- Factory PCs- manage deployment of hardware and setup of various types of software
- Network - assist with adding or modifying network connections & cabling
- Hardware - assist & manage various cabling and peripherals for user workstations.
- Work with multiple teams on IS & IT needs for integration of new devices & machines.
- Provide documentation of issues, solutions, and potential problems
- Provide ad-hoc training to IT users on common IT matters and guide them through self-service tools if required.
- Take care of physical stock management of devices and accessories including CMDB updates
- Manage logistics by using local logistics providers to ship and move devices across locations
- Identify and report risks that might downgrade OSS service quality.
- Provide support to end users, IT equipment, and software in meeting rooms and similar user collaboration/common areas as part of desk-side support.
- Host and support third-party technicians.
- Regular checks of computer rooms including temperature, air conditioning, cabling and general functionality
- Follow given OSS governance (participate in meeting, follow escalation path, etc.)
- Follow OSS procedures defined in Runbook, SOPs, knowledge articles.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Have completed a formal qualification or completed an apprenticeship in the field of information technology.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Have two years of professional experience in IT support.
- Be fluent in local and English language.
- Have a proactive and solution-oriented mindset and have the ability to work independently and self-driven.