IT Technical Support Specialist
Faneuil Inc. is a dynamic, fast paced, hard driving company and we are looking for an exceptional Technical Support Specialist in the South Boston, VA area. We are looking for a smart, knowledgeable, hard-working, and technically savvy IT specialist to keep our technical infrastructure and end users up and running. When we find the right, high performing employees for our company, we offer a professional environment where you can build your career, learn new skills, grow and develop, and make a difference.
Final candidates for this position will need to successfully complete a background investigation, which will includes criminal and drug testing.
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing end-user support to employees in our call center facility. In addition to onsite support, the position is required to provide technical support to remote users and help desk support to both remote and local users. Additional responsibilities include assisting the IT Manager with ensuring license compliance, adherence to security policies, daily backups, and system monitoring. The position will require travel between the South Boston and Martinsville, VA locations.
Call Center core hours of operations are Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM in South Boston. Core call center hours of operations in Martinsville are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM and 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Saturdays.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide technical support for information technologies, system integration, desktop troubleshooting, LAN, remote access and Internet
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium
- Configure software to connect to call center servers
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company offered services
- Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues in client computer systems
- Perform creation of new accounts using company provide software tools
- Associates degree/post-secondary education in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years technical support experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating System technologies and Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Network wiring experience
- A+ preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Call Center Experience a plus
- Ability to travel between Faneuil locations as needed
Faneuil, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Faneuil, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation(s) to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.