Internal Business Central/NAV Consultant
Internal Business Central/NAV Consultant
Gloster Furniture America is a leading manufacturer of premier outdoor furniture. In conjunction with our sister companies in Indonesia and Germany, Gloster is one of the world’s largest international producers of responsibly produced outdoor teak furniture. Understanding our teak resources and respecting the sustainable plantation culture, we only harvest what we plant ourselves. Our philosophy is simple; design the most well-crafted, innovative product while honoring our teak roots, from seed to seat. We may live in a different world than the one occupied by our founders, but one thing remains the same - we are furniture makers whose sole focus is to design and build the world’s finest outdoor furniture.
Gloster is searching for a NAV/Business Central business consultant to help with the transition of our current operating system to Microsoft Business Central (BC). This position will work with our international counterparts with all aspects of the development lifecycle, from gathering information, documentation, development, testing, and deployment. This role will help create/enhance functionality within Business central to support internal processes, as well as provide technical training and guidance to other team members and end users. Furthermore, the role will be a main partner in the digitalization process Gloster is undergoing which also includes CRM implementation, Web based B2B platform and exploiting the Microsoft palette of solutions to support the business.
Success criteria and over responsibilities:
- Ability to translate the company requirements and needs into primarily Business central ERP solution, secondly B2B platform and CRM solution on time and budget.
- Support Managing Director and Head of Group IT in developing digitalization strategy
- Ensure necessary support and troubleshooting of Microsoft Dynamics NAV platform with Microsoft partners.
- Ensure/provide tier-1 and tier- 2 support and troubleshooting for BC and business solutions.
- Ensure projects on time and budget
- Ensure the integrity and correct documentation of BC and other business solutions
- Coordinate BC enhancements with Microsoft partner
- Coordinate and/or perform validation of various modules and features as they are implemented.
- Escalate unresolved business application issues/questions.
- Highly structured with a focus on getting things done and a self-starter with strong sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Proactive in nature
- Excellent communicator to business stakeholders and IT developers
- Analytical and methodical in mastering complex IT topics
- Thrives in a high-performance environment
- Oversee business operations of new BC ERP system and eventually B2B platform and CRM system
- Facilitate the decision-making process and develop the functional design document that will drive the development process
- Administer security of the ERP and other systems and assist on systems upgrades and projects
- Monitor, triage, and manage NAV IT support tickets including troubleshooting to resolve issues; Project management
- Financial budgeting/Jet report writing/analysis
- General IT and administration tasks
- Ability to manage IT personnel, and effectively manage outside vendor relationship
- Perform and/or assist in Data conversion, import and export
- Debug and troubleshoot system problems
- Analyze, Define, Describe and Test functionality within business applications – mainly BC.
- Perform end user training
- Take responsibility for delivering development tasks within agreed upon timeline
- Take over IT tasks as necessary
- Additional duties as needed
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV and/or Business Central development experience required within the modules Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Inventory and Rapid start services. Preferred experience within Finance module
- 2+ years' experience working with Microsoft NAV/BC applications as a super user or consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field and/or relevant work experience
- Ability to work well within a deadline-oriented structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and customer service skills
- Microsoft certification a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous experience as Business Analyst/Financial Analyst with Dynamics NAV
Gloster Furniture is an EEO Employer
Interested applicants should apply online here.