Training & Development Leader
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job Function: Human Resources
Publication date: 2024-01-09
Reference number: R0042254
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Training and Development Leader for its South Boston, VA location. This role is responsible for designing and deploying training and development systems that facilitate improved organizational performance. Through collaboration with factory leadership, this position will ensure training programs are bring designed and implemented using North America Hub processes and best practices to ensure engagement and development of South Boston employees. The ideal candidate has expertise in adult learning methodologies, building training programs, and working collaboratively with stakeholders. Training program management and driving organizational transformation are essential for the success of this position. This position will report to the Site Factory Manager and participate as part of the site staff team with a functional alignment to the Hub Training & Development Manager.
- Guide the training and development programs for the organization
- Collaborate with factory leadership, support functions, and Hub Training & Development Manager to identify training needs.
- Manage and develop a small team of Training Specialists that support the training function at the site.
- Ensure training implementation is aligned to standards and expectations as set by the Hub Training & Development Manager.
- Drives organizational accountability for training by supplying insights to increase effectiveness of training outcomes and employee engagement.
- Manage training resources (people, tools, equipment, facilities) and budget.
- Ensure successful execution of training plans.
- Maintain a learning management system to track, monitor, and measure effectiveness of training courses.
- Track, trend, and communicate training effectiveness measures (KPIs) to drive continuous improvement of programs and processes.
- Actively engage in benchmarking and sharing of best practices with internal and external partners/locations.
- Work with subject matter experts to produce effective training materials utilizing adult learning methodologies.
- Develop the capabilities of line trainers in delivering effective training.
- Facilitate training related to the training function (Train-the-Trainer, Leadership/Coaching, etc.)
- Consult and partner with HR to improve on-boarding programs for the workforce.
- Utilize Lean Management system tools to drive business excellence at all levels of the organization.
- Living Hitachi energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in training & development, Educational Psychology, Organizational Development, Education Technology, Instructional Design, or equivalent.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in leading training projects to include designing, administering, and evaluating training programs.
- Experience as an effective facilitator/coach (direct workforce training preferred).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and authoring tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Professional training and development certification is a plus e.g., CPTD, CPTM, CLS, etc. through organizations like ATD, Training Industry, AIHR, BHG, etc.)
- Experience working in a matrixed manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Lean management system experience is a plus.