This position will float between working on the floor and handling the lab schedule for OBGyn
SUMMARYWorks as part of the patient care team to assist providers and other clinical administrative staff in the provision of primary health care. Under the direction of the Site Manager and the Clinical Manager, the LPN/RN will embrace the standard and clinical protocols as set forth by PATHS. Will provide professional, multi-disciplinary support to the providers as well as patients. Works as part of a care team that practices evidenced based medicine in a Patient Centered Medical Home model of care.
Education and/or experienceCurrent LPN/RN licensure with sufficient experience to carry out the duties of this position and must be qualified in basic life support techniques. A minimum of 2 years on a primary health or family practice setting preferred.
- Ability to administer a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use various types of equipment for examination and treatment procedures.
- Ability to take vital signs.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to work with diverse population
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Takes patient vitals such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respirations.
- Collects information on the health status of the patient
- Participates in the development of the plan of care with other team members and safely implements the plan
- Communicates in an attentive and individualized manner in every encounter.
- Verifies the patients understanding of the purpose of visit.
- Provides instruction/teaching to the patient according to the educational plan.
- Documents care provided or procedures performed accurately on patient records.
- Provides each patient care in a dafe, comfortable and private environment.
- Provides preventive care information that matches patient age, sex and health status.
- Assists as necessary in medical exams.
- Clean rooms in between patients including wiping down beds.
- Draws labs as appropriate.
- Administers injections or gives medicine under the instruction of the provider.
AAP/EEO StatementPATHS' provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
APPLY HERE: https://www.pathsinc.org/careers