At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part pf a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job function: Finance
Publication date: 2023-11-28
Reference number: R0037033
Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Project Controller for its VA, South Boston location.
Responsible for the financial management of the project business of Transformers Business in South Boston including coordination and direction of the account process, budget and forecast planning, and all other activities necessary for a successful financial function. You will also provide support and serve as a Consultant and Advisor to the Factory Controller. You will work as part of our Power Grids team, which engineers' solutions and products such as switchgear, capacitors, distributions, and traction transformers. We're the world's largest supplier of transformers and recently developed the highest-voltage direct current (DC) transformer ever.
- Assure compliance and enforcement of Business Unit (BUU) specific directives and instructions, including the Group Accounting and Reporting Guidelines.
- Identify risks and assure proper risk management procedures including SOX control area adequate and effective.
- Support the BUU in strategic planning and implementation of agreed to programs and plans.
- Review routine actual cost vs plan on a project by project basis.
- Support the Factory Management in budgeting and implementation of agreed to programs and plans to achieve these budgets.
- Support in financial analysis and forecasting to provide management information, then follow with direct actions and provide tools that facilitate implementation of actions to achieve performances as planned.
- Assist with system SAP utilization and enhancements.
- Serve as a Consultant and Advisor to General Manager and Management Team Members.
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) and assure implementation and use to improve business performance.
- Perform analysis and reviews of proposals, performances, and actions within the BU, and recommend next steps.
- Assure proper financial reporting as required for the business.
- Push continuous improvements and cost reductions.
- Ensure coordination and cooperation with Global Business Service & Center of Expertise.
- Follow and perform duties in accordance with the Hitachi Code of Conduct.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance and a minimum of 5 years of finance/accounting operational/experience in a multinational company OR; master's degree and 3 years of finance/accounting operational experience in a multinational company.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Accountancy.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Managerial Accountant(CMA) and/or Certified in Production and Inventory Management( CPIM).
- The position requires a broad knowledge of diverse financial functions in an engineering manufacturing company and general business.
- The complex financial and related responsibilities of this position require exceptional analytical decision making and planning skills.
- Understand of SAP Project Module.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.