Education Support Specialist II, Financial Aid
Southside Virginia Community College is seeking a dynamic individual to provide student services and administrative support for the Financial Aid Office.
Provides clerical support for financial aid office; provides personal support for students; implements Financial Aid processes on the John H. Daniel Campus. Ability to educate community, often in a public setting, about Financial Aid processes, from beginning to end. Assists students in completing FAFSA applications, runs queries in PeopleSoft; handles awarding and authorization of awards in accordance with existing federal and state regulations. The hours for this position are 10:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays.
Core Responsibilities include:
Assist students in completing initial and renewal applications for financial aid on both campuses and at off campus locations. Serve as receptionist for financial aid office answering as many questions as possible and referring students to proper sources when necessary. Handle phone calls, emails and text messages from students.
Conduct Financial aid workshops and presentations.
Miscellaneous data entry in PeopleSoft. Query and awarding of students in PeopleSoft as needed. Package student financial aid awards according to federal, state and institutional guidelines. Check FACA for summer students; High School Transcript query; excess aid and ineligible awarded query; Compare Aid to Credits query.
Provide typing, copying, filing shredding and other office services for financial aid office. Order office supplies and maintain supplies of FAFSAs and other necessary financial aid forms
Assist with college sponsored events/programs and serve on college committees. Maintain financial aid website working with IT department to keep information current.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Moderate experience commensurate with the position's duties required; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must be customer service oriented
- Significant math and analytical skills used in an office environment such as a Financial Aid Office or a bank
- Working knowledge of a student data base system such as People Soft Student Information System
- Significant skills in creating excel spreadsheets and word documents utilizing Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle difficult clients and sensitive information
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, effeciently and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of relevant agency policies and operations preferred
- Knowledge in the administration of federal, state and institutional aif programs preferred
- Familiatiry with PeopleSoft preferred
- Relevant Associate's degree preferred
- Career Readiness Certificate preferred
This is a full time position with state and VCCS benefits.
Applicants must apply online by submitting a complete state application through this site. Applicants must create a user account to apply online.
Incomplete applications will not be considered to have met the application requirements.For more information about this position or other vacancies within our agency, please visit our website at www.southside.edu/employment or contact Theresa Henderson at 434.949.1089.