AmeriStaff, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Machine Operator to fill openings with a manufacturing company located in Danville, VA. The ideal candidates should have machine operating experience.
Benefits of the Machine Operator:
- 1st and 2nd shifts available.
- Monday - Friday - 7:00am-3:00pm – OT 5am-3pm.
- Monday - Friday - 3:00pm-11:00pm – OT 3pm-1am.
- Weekly pay.
- Full time.
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator:
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle.
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed).
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Test operation of machines periodically.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Maintain activity logs.
Requirements of the Machine Operator::
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Employees must be willing to work any one of three shifts.
- Ability to read a ruler.