VIR Resort Operations Coordinator
VIR os growing our Resort Operations with a focus on guest and renter experience. Our goal is to provide a flawless experience when visiting VIR and this is critical to the daily operations. To be a successful member of the team, you should be able to complete the responsibilities required of this role as assigned by the Resort Director. This is a full-time, hourly, year-round role. The Resort Operations Coordinator has the opportunity to grow within the department where responsibilities can extend beyond this job description.
Resort Operations Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Complete all tasks as assigned by the Resort Director and in support of other departments
- Oversee group sales and serves as the Event Manager for events such as conferences, social events, and banquets
- Deliver excellent customer service to our Guests and visitors
- Meet or exceed outlines revenue and prospecting goals as identified by the Resort Director
- Become a subject matter expert on VIR and CRM systems
- Actively pursues new business for VIR and identify opportunities to acquire new leads, to include making calls, attending events, and creating proposals
- Oversee day-of event operations
- Establishes and maintains trust and rapport with clients through appropriate coordination of new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business
- Serves as the support for existing customers and coordinates with internal and/or external providers to obtain price estimates, generate contracts, book reservations, resolve complaints, or perform other similar duties
- Plan and execute all event related rentals including overseeing set-ups
- Assists with the development of sales plans, policies and procedures; assists with effort to market and promote services, programs, and offerings
- Monitor group sales inbox, answer phone, check voicemails & emails through the day
- Provide guests with resort services information and accommodate guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and friendly manner
- Provide information to guests on various matters such as transportation and restaurant recommendations
- Handle guest complaints or requests and inform Resort Director promptly of any escalated issues
Benefits are available for full-time positions.
Increase in pay will be awarded on a yearly basis as deemed appropriate by the Resort Director.
The items listed above are the priority, but do not exclude you from being a VIR World ambassador at all times and offering assistance to all VIR programs/employees when they are in need.
- Weekend and evening availability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including string customer service orientation.
- Ability to identify and/or follow up sales leads and referrals.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed established sales targets.
- Knowledge of marketing/sales principles, strategies, and techniques.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines .
- Ability to use independent judgement to analyze and resolve problems.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to large and small audiences.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and independently