At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full-time
Job function: Project | Program Management
Publication date: 2024-01-04
Reference number: R0040739
The Project Execution team is at the heart of our organization, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. Reporting to the Project Management Manager, the Project Manager will lead the execution of medium to large size projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with Hitachi Energy policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. Working in close collaboration with customers, engineering, quality production, supply chain, sales, etc.
- Act as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Define, jointly with the Finance, Quality, Engineering and Planning departments, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule, and risk management plans.
- Lead the project team, define main guidelines, allocate project tasks, and motivate and monitor internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provide performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- Achieve project deliverables and compliance with contract requirements. Manage all aspects of the project to agreed-upon customer requirements and ensure all technical, safety, quality and financial targets are met.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procure required services, materials, and equipment for the project changes when necessary.
- Monitor each stage of project implementation to ensure best practice is scope control, cost control, resource efficiency, risk management, health and safety, and the environment.
- Monitor and control project financials. Oversee project invoicing status, cost, expenses, and cash flow.
- Identify, qualify, quantify, manage, and mitigate project risks, and ensure that all opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Ensure that the project consistently applies contract and claim management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements.
- Coordinate contract negotiation and claims with customers, in collaboration with other functions including the Supply Chain and Legal teams.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, Business Management, or equivalent, OR High School Diploma and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Proven capability to coordinate and lead multidisciplinary remote teams, working in different geographic locations.
- Demonstrated experience in management of project scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, and vendors/subcontractors.
- Sound knowledge of the Transformer offering and the North American energy sector.
- Relevant experience in customer relations or customer service.
- Strong knowledge and experience in SAP, MS Project, MS Excel, and other PM tools.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills. Dynamic and can adapt to change.
- Results oriented with influencing capabilities.
- Ability to lead and manage concurrent priorities.
- Positive and inclusive, with ability to influence.
- Demonstrated tact, empathy, diplomacy, and efficiency in communicating effectively.
- Decision making capability with ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Ability to travel when required
- Pole is in-person in our South Boston factory.