At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job function: Production & Skilled Trades
Publication date: 2024-01-03
Reference number: R0040722
In this role, the Production Supervisor will lead a team within a production unit or line in the execution of production processes to transform parts and raw materials into Hitachi Energy products in a timely, cost-effective manner. Ensure continuous and efficient operation in accordance with volumes, schedules, procedures, drawings, and quality and safety standards and policies.
- Resource Allocation: Organize and allocate resources to effectively and efficiently meet line production targets. Respond to resource issues as necessary. Lead capacity planning to resource optimization for the assigned unit or line.
- Production Scheduling and Plan: Ensure that production scheduling and production plans meet the volume requirements agreed in the demand plan and defined inventory service levels.
- Equipment and Facilities: Identify and recommend technical equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Production Execution: Ensure execution of volume, conforming product, and on time delivery targets for the assigned production lines.
- Operations Improvement: Identify deficiencies in production area, propose improvement activities and oversees implementation of actions to improve production performance.
- Critical Line Issues: Manage the resolution of critical product or equipment issues together with relevant internal teams.
- People Leadership and Development: Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the areas of responsibility are properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, Motivate and develop direct and in-direct subordinates within HR policies.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business or related field and 2-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 2nd Shift and some weekends will be required.
- Leadership experience in a transformer manufacturing environment
- Experience in transformer coil winding
- Knowledge in. MS Office, including Power Point
- Exposure to ERP and Workforce Management software applications i.e. SAP, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Experience with timekeeping systems, i.e. Kronos