Operations Director (South Boston, Virginia)
Why you would want to work on our team…
- Our Mission – Promote an active, athletic lifestyle that inspires healthy families and strengthens community relationships.
- Our Foundational Values – Talented, honest, and passionate people, working together to win, and do the right thing – every time!
- All the other stuff – great work environment, benefits, and compensation.
Our benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance
FSA (Medical and Dependent Care), HSA
Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, and Paid Absence/Sick Time
401(k) Plan, with 3% annual Company Contribution
Discounts on ASB products
Clean, climate-controlled work environment
Casual dress code…no uniforms!
**To apply, please visit:
Schedule: Monday-Friday, full-time (salaried with full benefits). Potential Saturday work during busy season.
Job Purpose: This position reports directly to the Augusta Sportswear SVP of Operations and provides operational leadership to all site functional areas (Decoration, Distribution, Planning, Facilities, HR, and IT). Establish production and distribution standards and goals related to the site’s operating environment. Ensure that the tools and processes to measure performance of all employees are in place. Ensure direct reports and their teams are executing their designated roles effectively. Responsible for monitoring and achieving site financial projections, and effectively managing site and staff related communications. Provides guidance and leadership to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the existing operation. This role will be a key contributor to create and promote an environment where employees are involved and committed to the success of Augusta Sportswear Brands with a strong focus on instilling ASB culture and values. Responsible for monitoring and achieving financial projections, and effectively managing site and staff related communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the attainment of daily key performance indicators for all areas of responsibilities of operations to achieve on-time and accurate delivery of customer orders.
• Streamline workflow and create a team environment to increase productivity.
• Optimize of plant line capacity, processing planning capabilities and systems.
• Participate in strategic planning activities.
• Identify capability and/or capacity gaps in existing staffing, equipment, and processes.
• Propose solutions to support the strategic initiatives, including timing, cost, and ROI (when applicable).
• Collaborate to develop capital budget requirements, and manage the costs of decoration manufacturing and distribution, including labor, equipment expenses and capital.
• Assist in the preparation and management of capital budget, operating budget, and expense management.
• Contribute to the annual budget and determines operational expenditures and then manages the budget and cost controls in overall operations.
• Ensures alignment of processes and resolves operational conflicts.
• Review and modify existing equipment and production methods to reduce costs, improve quality, and adopt emerging technologies.
• Responsible for the on-time fulfillment and same day shipping of customer orders, processing and stocking of inbound materials, managing materials in the ERP system, and overseeing daily cycle counts and physical inventories.
• Develop and implement effective quality control programs to ensure that quality standards and objectives are met.
• Direct decoration and distribution operations through establishment and implementation of best-practice policies and procedures.
• Gathers and prioritizes projects and allocate resources according to diverse criteria such as strategic importance, cost/benefit, likelihood of success, and stakeholder engagement.
• Foster a culture of consistency, accountability, and continuous improvement.
• Oversees and drive daily results – work accuracy, quality & delivery.
• Develop the next set of leaders.
Skills/Qualifications/Education/Licenses & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ senior leadership; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong Excel skills required. Working knowledge/administration of all Smart office/M3 inventory related programs a plus.
• Minimum 5 years’ management experience in a production and distribution environment.
• Experience designing and implementing production/decoration processes.
• Experience defining operational strategy and leading implementation initiatives.
• Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
• Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional teams and initiatives.
• Strong change management skills and experience.
• Must have working knowledge of facilities equipment, operations and management.
• Experience with developing and monitoring production and warehousing strategies and performance metrics.
• Understand budget development and monitoring with knowledge of P&L for operations.
• Capable of problem solving, decision making and failure analysis.
• A self-motivated leader & a team player.
Experience in analyzing data, developing strategies/processes and implementing applications required. Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to prioritize and organize effectively. Ability to lead and motivate others. Proven track record of developing staff and maintaining a high standard of employee relations.
Teamwork: Contributes to building a positive team spirit across functional areas; working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
No physical exertion required. Required to sit for long periods of time. Occasionally required to stand, walk or balance. Travel to customer locations / events / between facilities frequently required.
Usual office working conditions. Occasional travel required between company locations.
**To apply, please visit: