Global Process Expert-Small Distribution Transformers (SDT) (f/m/d)
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job Function: Quality Management
Publication date: 2023-12-20
Reference number: R0038892
As part of the GPG Distribution and Transaction Transformer Operations team, you will be responsible for driving sustainable and transformational change across multiple transformers factories, focused on safety, quality and improvement of the winding processes and winding equipment.
You will work with ~25 transformer factories worldwide, with a variety of technologies and equipment. Your focus will be on Single Phase and Small Distribution Transformers (SDT) (typically with power below 315 KVA), you will be coordinating process improvement projects including new investments projects and transfer of production between locations.
You will share your knowledge by delivering global trainings to local process engineers.
- Act as the global manufacturing process expert for Single Phase (pole and pad mounted) and Small Distribution Transformers. This includes defining global production standards and key equipment specification for above mentioned product scope.
- Drive automation and digitalization (Industry 4.0) , support global rollout of MES system.
- Develop partnerships with global suppliers for key equipment, in cooperation with respective category manager and supply quality manager.
- Develop standard equipment requirements, linked with process performance and critical to quality characteristics.
- Support factories in emergency equipment and process issues.
- Provide expert support to our factories for process improvement activities, equipment investments and upgrades, and equipment relocations.
- Conduct factory assessments and follow the implementation of the global manufacturing platform. Drive implementation in a systematic manner.
- Develop and update documentation such as production standards, quality inspection cards and user manuals related.
- Optimize and improve the asset utilization, at lowest cost, while making sure that the quality standards and customer requirements are met.
- Develop and provide solutions for key technology and process challenges.
- Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering university degree
- A minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in operations, ideally in a Transformers business
- Knowledge of designing and building industrial types of equipment
- Experience in working with equipment suppliers
- Strong analytical and systemic problem-solving skills with clear passion to develop and to drive change:
- International experience, working with different countries and cultures
- Fluent written and spoken English matched with excellent communication skills
- 30 - 50% of willingness to travel