Quality & Manufacturing Engineer
Genesis Products is looking for a Manufacturing and Quality Engineer to join our team. This position will have high growth potential for the right team member. This position will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will work closely with the Plant Managers and other members of the operations and engineering teams to implement, review, and optimize manufacturing processes and excellence systems to ensure effective execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and lead the development of safe manufacturing processes, including production flow, assembly, and manufacturing methods.
- Initiate and lead capital projects, including the specification and installation of manufacturing equipment.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis to evaluate manufacturing equipment and tooling.
- Assist the maintenance team in troubleshooting and maintaining facilities and equipment, including defining required preventive maintenance activity.
- Source and cost-justify various tools, machinery, and equipment for the safe manufacturing of products.
- Drive and lead continuous improvement activities using lean tools for cost reduction, quality improvement, improved efficiency, and improved material flow.
- Developing robust quality standards and communicating them to the operations teams.
- Create and maintain documentation within the Quality System. These activities PPAP, Control Plans, Flow Charts, Standard Work Sheets, gage studies, SPC charts, and other documentation.
- Performs work measurement analysis using time studies or predetermined motion time systems to develop optimal process.
- Some local travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field
- 1-3 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience building engineered labor standards
- Performs successfully in a high change environment; Able to quickly and effectively transition between tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and CAD.