Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Analyze manufacturing process flows and related data in an effort to continuously enhance safety, quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Perform various engineering tasks involving such functions as analysis, design, development, test, installation and service, while working from instructions, drawings, proposals, specifications, and other pertinent information.
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Production support. Provides support to Production during the internal/external process/equipment start-up, defining action plans and training relevant maintenance and production resources.
- Process technologies. Evaluates new process technologies to improve safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction defining and leading testing activities, approval criteria and external provider choices.
- Define and execute complex CAPEX initiatives
- Ability to travel both domestically and International
- Provide technical solutions to complex challenges
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize work with minimal managerial intervention
- Knowledgeable in processes and tools related to transformer manufacturing (winding, brazing, drying and testing)
- Quality Focused always keeping safety a top priority.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field and up to 5 years of experience required
- Alternatively, a special combination of education (minimum technical associates degree) and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments may be considered.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification through accredited organization
- 2-3 years of lean six sigma or lean manufacturing project management experience managing/ leading multiple Lean Six Sigma improvement projects (DMAIC, DMADV, Kaizen) and the application of associated tools
- Proven team leadership skills and ability to influence others at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills to deal with data & statistical analyses
- Strong character, capable to deal with all aspects of change management
- Very high level of structuring, self-motivated and self-organization
- Open mindedness and strong interpersonal skills
- Well-versed with Office software, Minitab (or equivalent) and other statistical tools