Field Service Technician C
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job Function: Engineering & Science
Publication date: 2023-07-26
Reference number: R0028333
Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Service Technician "C" for it's South Boston,VA location. This role is responsible for providing technical support for Transformer Service, part of the US Transformer HUB. Reporting to the Regional Field Operation Manager, your hands-on experience and knowledge of customer needs will help you not only to build customer relationships, but also to identify new business opportunities.
- Deliver outstanding and professional service, remotely or on-site, in ket categories, e.g. installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end-of-life services and replacements.
- Exceeding customer expectations by understanding and anticipating current and potential needs.
- Troubleshooting potential equipment failures and proactively taking measures to offset/prevent and inform internal partners.
- Coordinating logistics of resources and spare parts for all site Service jobs.
- Identifying and developing potential sales and business opportunities based on knowledge of customers and collaboration across Hitachi Energy.
- Suggesting product and process improvements within the business to enhance operations and customer service.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Under direction, perform tasks requiring the ability to read and work form applicable mechanical drawings and/or instruction and technical manuals.
- Repair, re-gasket, assemble and disassemble equipment as directed.
- With direction, perform activities requiring use of all applicable mechanical hand tools.
- With Direction Operate and maintain Vacuum Oil Processors (VOP's) and oil handling equipment.
- Complete vacuum oil processing logs. With direction, support transformer testers.
- Associate's Degree in engineering or related field and a minimum 1 year experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience in serving , maintaining, commissioning and repairing electro-mechanical equipment
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the United States
- Comfortable using Laptop and associated MS Office tools
- Regular domestic travel is an essential component of this position
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.