Field Service Technician B
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity+ Collaboration = Great Innovation
Location: South Boston, Virginia, United States of America
Job Type: Full time
Job function: Engineering & Science
Publication date: 2023-12-11
Reference number: R0039322
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Field Service Technician B for its South Boston, VA location. You will be the provider of technical support for Transformer Service, part of the US Transformer HUB. Reporting to the Regional Field Operation Manager, your hands-on experience and knowledge of customer needs will help you not only to build strong customer relationships, but also to identify new business opportunities.
- Delivering outstanding and professional service, remotely, or on-site, in ket categories, e.g. installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, advanced services, extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end-of-life services and replacements.
- Exceeding customer expectations by understanding and anticipating current and potential needs.
- Coordinating logistics of resources and spare parts for all site Service jobs.
- Perform tasks requiring the ability to read and work from applicable electrical and mechanical drawings, and/or instruction and technical manuals.
- Perform applicable internal work such as bushing connections, lead clearance, tapping, crimping, taping, contoured joints, etc.
- Identifying and developing potential sales and business opportunities based on knowledge of customers and collaboration across Hitachi Energy.
- Suggesting product and process improvements within the business to enhance operations and customer service.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Repair, re-gasket, assemble and disassemble equipment as directed. With direction, perform activities requiring use of all applicable mechanical hand tools.
- With Direction Operate and maintain Vacuum Oil Processors (VOP's) and oil handling equipment. Complete vacuum oil processing logs
- Have a strong understanding of the theory of operation and construction of transformers, current transformers, bushings, etc.
- Associate's degree and 2 years of experience or High School Diploma with 5 years' experience, as well as technical/vocational, or apprenticeship training
- Ability to travel domestically is an essential part of this position
- Travel up to 85%