The TCCAA Head Start Program has positions available for Classroom Substitutes in Halifax and Mecklenburg County. The candidate must possess their own transportation, be willing to work at any Head Start Center location in either Halifax or Mecklenburg County and must be available to work morning or afternoon hours. Experience working with preschool aged children is desirable but not required. All Tri-County Community Action employees must consent to undergo a Criminal Background Check and a Sex Offender Registry Search.
This employee performs the following duties:
- Follow lesson plans left by the Teacher for whom he/she is substituting
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning
- Cooperate with school personnel
- Meet and Instruct assigned class in the location and the time designated
- Ride the school bus to and from the school, as needed
Tri-County Community Action Agency, Inc.
1176 Huell Matthews Highway
PO Box 799
South Boston, VA 24592