Elementary Teacher - Cluster Springs Elementary
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
Must possess or be eligible for a Virginia Teaching License with an endorsement in elementary education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
4. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
5. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
6. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
7. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
8. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
9. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
10. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
11. Maintains confidentiality
12. Completes other duties as assigned.