Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Create classroom environment conductive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Establish and maintain open communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Must possess or be eligible for a Virginia Teaching License with an endorsement in elementary education.
Apply online at www.halifax.k12.va.us