Sheet Metal Mechanic
Sheet Metal Mechanic
Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic, LLC is a leading building and service provider for HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing building systems. Serving South Central, VA and North Central, NC since 1970, our regional footprint provides us the ability to meet customer objectives to build and maintain safe, comfortable, and efficient facilities. We have over 62,600 square feet of best-in-class facilities located in South Boston, VA, including offices, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and piping fabrication, and warehousing. We are currently looking to add Sheet Metal Mechanic to our team! This position is responsible for installing sheet metal duct systems in the field while following the five core values of Comfort Systems USA:
Be Safe. Be Honest. Be Respectful. Be Innovative. Be Collaborative.
Sheet Metal Mechanic responsibilities include:
- Taking direction from the site Foreman on the scope of the job and tasks for the day
- Communicating any additional material or tools needed to complete the job
- Accurately reading tape measures
- Ability to read and understand plan notes and details and address any items that need attention
- Ability to operate small hand tools safely
- Installation of hanger supports and material
- Installation of sheet metal duct systems as indicated by plans and instruction from Foreman
- Assisting in rigging and installing HVAC equipment
- Report time worked and quantities of work installed to Foreman daily
- Evaluating area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to technicians, and assisting in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- Performing other related duties or special projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, but candidates who do not meet all of these, but are looking for their next career opportunity and enjoy learning are encouraged to apply still.
- OSHA 10 preferred
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
- Ability to work in outside conditions as needed
- Ability to work weekends when needed
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., and to work on ladders, scaffolds, and/or lifts
- Have their own basic hand tools to perform job tasks: sheet metal snips, hammer, hand tongs, tape measure, cordless drills, and others as needed. Major power tools are provided by CSUSA MidAtlantic
Why Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic?
Our employees are the heart and soul of our company and we are committed to the professional and personal development of each of our team members. Our success is based on your success. We believe in putting people in the right seat and will work with dedicated employees to find that seat for you. You can find our five core values woven into everything we do at work; Be Safe, Be Honest, Be Respectful, Be Innovative, and Be Collaborative. We work in an environment where everyone is willing to lend a helping hand and contribute to the successes of each other and the company. We believe in giving back to our communities and the environment and are always looking for ways to make the world a better place. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages for all employees. If you’re looking to start a career, and not just a job, check us out today.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Comfort Systems USA, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strive to foster a work environment that includes and embraces racial, ethnic and gender diversity and other individual differences. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps us attract and retain the best talent, enables employees to realize their full potential, and drives high performance through innovation and collaboration.