Sheet Metal Foreman
Sheet Metal Foreman
Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic, LLC is a leading building and service provider for HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing building systems. Serving South Central, VA and North Central, NC since 1970, our regional footprint provides us the ability to meet customer objectives to build and maintain safe, comfortable, and efficient facilities. We have over 62,600 square feet of best-in-class facilities located in South Boston, VA, including offices, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and piping fabrication, and warehousing. We are currently looking to add Sheet Metal Foreman to our team! This position is involved with managing commercial mechanical construction projects and assists with project needs including material management, personnel, schedules and communication with the project management team, customers and building officials field while following the five core values of Comfort Systems USA:
Be Safe. Be Honest. Be Respectful. Be Innovative. Be Collaborative.
Sheet Metal Mechanic responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of project schedule/milestones, submittals, contract documents (addenda, specifications, drawings) and in-house shop drawing
- Ability to coordinate with other trades to complete HVAC/piping installations within the project scope and schedule
- Experience managing project crews to install multiple types of HVAC and Duct Systems
- Accountable for the safe performance of personnel and equipment
- Involved with complete paperwork and daily reports, next week’s plans, accident reports, etc.
- Working with superintendents and project managers to ensure efficient planning and execution of work
- Evaluating area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to technicians, and assisting in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- Performing other related duties or special projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, but candidates who do not meet all of these, but are looking for their next career opportunity and enjoy learning are encouraged to apply still.
- 5+ years of experience as mechanical foreman on commercial HVAC construction project
- OSHA 10 required, OSHA 30 preferred
- Master or Journeyman HVAC Tradesman Certification preferred
- Experience with RTU, air handlers, split systems, chilled water or boiler systems preferred
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Valid Driver’s License preferred
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs., and to work on ladders, scaffolds, and/or lifts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with blueprint, schematic, drawings, and other equipment layout materials
- Experience overseeing job site personnel
Why Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic?
Our employees are the heart and soul of our company and we are committed to the professional and personal development of each of our team members. Our success is based on your success. We believe in putting people in the right seat and will work with dedicated employees to find that seat for you. You can find our five core values woven into everything we do at work; Be Safe, Be Honest, Be Respectful, Be Innovative, and Be Collaborative. We work in an environment where everyone is willing to lend a helping hand and contribute to the successes of each other and the company. We believe in giving back to our communities and the environment and are always looking for ways to make the world a better place. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages for all employees. If you’re looking to start a career, and not just a job, check us out today.