Plumbing & Pipefitter Foreman
Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic, LLC is a leading building and service provider for HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing building systems. Serving South Central, VA and North Central, NC since 1970, our regional footprint provides us the ability to meet customer objectives to build and maintain safe, comfortable, and efficient facilities. We have over 62,600 square feet of best-in-class facilities located in South Boston, VA, including offices, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and piping fabrication, and warehousing. We are currently looking to add a Plumbing & Pipefitter Foreman to our team! The Foreman is responsible for managing commercial construction projects and assists with project needs including material management, personnel, schedules and communication with project management team, customers, and building officials while following the five core values of Comfort Systems USA:
Be Safe. Be Honest. Be Respectful. Be Innovative. Be Collaborative.
- Knowledge of project schedule/milestones, submittals, contract documents, and in-house shop drawings
- Ability to coordinate with other trades to complete plumbing/piping installations within project scope and schedule
- Experience managing project crews to install multiple types of plumbing systems for domestic, draining, and sanitation systems
- Accountability for the safe performance of personnel and equipment
- Completing required documentations including daily reports, next week plans, accidents reports, disciplinary reports, etc.
- Installing plumbing systems and relatable material with the use of hand tools and power tools as needed
- Having the ability to work from ladders, manlifts, and other equipment at various heights
- Evaluating area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to technicians, and assisting in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- Performing other related duties or special projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, but candidates who do not meet all of these, but are looking for their next career opportunity and enjoy learning are encouraged to apply still.
- 2+ years of experience as a plumbing/pipefitting foreman on commercial construction projects
- Good mathematical, mechanical, and logical reasoning skills
- Familiarity with blueprint, schematic, drawings, and other equipment layout
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current/Valid journeyman license
- Current/Valid master license preferred
- OSHA 30 preferred
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs