Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic, LLC is a leading building and service provider for HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing building systems. Serving South Central, VA and North Central, NC since 1970, our regional footprint provides us the ability to meet customer objectives to build and maintain safe, comfortable, and efficient facilities. We have over 62,600 square feet of best-in-class facilities located in South Boston, VA, including offices, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and piping fabrication, and warehousing. We are currently looking to add an experienced Pipefitter to our team! The Pipefitter is responsible for performing various field work tasks while following the five core values of Comfort Systems USA:
Be Safe. Be Honest. Be Respectful. Be Innovative. Be Collaborative.
Pipefitters are responsible for:
- Installing piping systems
- Installing copper pipe, PVC pipe, carbon steel, and stainless steel pipe utilizing various weld types such as soft solder, press or brazed joints, solvent welded joints, and threaded, grooved, or welded joints
- Reading job plans to identify proper work scope
- Reading plan notes and making a plan to address each item
- Creating testing plans to effectively test systems as they are installed
- Working closely with job site Foreman and take direction
- Communicating any additional materials or equipment needs to the foreman
- Evaluating area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to technicians, and assisting in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training
- Performing other related duties or special projects, as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, but candidates who do not meet all of these, but are looking for their next career opportunity and enjoy learning are encouraged to apply still.
- 2+ years experience in pipefitting
- Good mathematical, mechanical, and logical reasoning skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- OSHA 10 preferred
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to work on ladders and/or lifts
Why Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic?
Our employees are the heart and soul of our company and we are committed to the professional and personal development of each of our team members. Our success is based on your success. We believe in putting people in the right seat and will work with dedicated employees to find that seat for you. You can find our five core values woven into everything we do at work; Be Safe, Be Honest, Be Respectful, Be Innovative, and Be Collaborative. We work in an environment where everyone is willing to lend a helping hand and contribute to the successes of each other and the company. We believe in giving back to our communities and the environment and are always looking for ways to make the world a better place. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages for all employees. If you’re looking to start a career, and not just a job, check us out today.