HVAC Service Technician
HVAC Service Technician
Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic, LLC is a leading building and service provider for HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing building systems. Serving South Central, VA and North Central, NC since 1970, our regional footprint provides us the ability to meet customer objectives to build and maintain safe, comfortable, and efficient facilities. We have over 62,600 square feet of best-in-class facilities located in South Boston, VA, including offices, sheet metal fabrication, plumbing and piping fabrication, and warehousing. We are currently looking to add an HVAC Technician to our Service team! The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for performing service and maintenance tasks on commercial and/or industrial equipment while following the five core values of Comfort Systems USA:
Be Safe. Be Honest. Be Respectful. Be Innovative. Be Collaborative.
HVAC Service Technicians are responsible for:
- Performing assigned HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting task safely in commercial and industrial settings
- Performing preventative maintenance and repair of commercial HVAC equipment as needed
- Retrofitting and installation of commercial HVAC equipment including roof top units, split systems ranging in sizes up to 25 tons.
- Diagnosing causes of breakdowns, testing parts with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling parts, and making necessary repairs to equipment and associated components.
- Servicing, diagnosing and troubleshooting various types of split systems, packaged rooftop, rooftop units, heat pumps, DX systems, pneumatic, electrical control systems, and other mechanical equipment
- Diagnosing causes of breakdowns, test parts with appropriate instruments, disassemble and assemble parts, and make necessary repairs to equipment and associated components.
- Using your HVAC skills and experience to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain medium to large sized complex heating and cooling systems and associated control systems, ranging from 5 tons to 50 tons.
- Completing required electronic work order, reports, and documentation daily on a handheld device.
- Maintaining equipment by inspecting for signs of wear, scheduling and completing preventive maintenance work.
- Maintaining vehicles by keeping record of service manuals, scheduling and completing repair and maintenance services.
- Working independently, and as part of a team, to complete assigned tasks within an allotted time frame
- Operating company vehicle to complete mechanical equipment upgrades and retrofit projects within a specified territory
- Using a variety of hand tools, power tools and computer software.
- Evaluating area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to technicians, and assisting in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- Performing other related duties or special projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, but candidates who do not meet all of these, but are looking for their next career opportunity and enjoy learning are encouraged to apply still.
- Five to ten years of Service Installation experience
- Three years supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- EPA universal certification
- NATE certification preferred.
- Experience with RTU, air handlers, split systems, chilled water or boiler systems preferred.
- OSHA 10 certification preferred.
- Must have knowledge of various Mechanical products, systems, electronics, and controls.
Why Comfort Systems USA MidAtlantic?
Our employees are the heart and soul of our company and we are committed to the professional and personal development of each of our team members. Our success is based on your success. We believe in putting people in the right seat and will work with dedicated employees to find that seat for you. You can find our five core values woven into everything we do at work; Be Safe, Be Honest, Be Respectful, Be Innovative, and Be Collaborative. We work in an environment where everyone is willing to lend a helping hand and contribute to the successes of each other and the company. We believe in giving back to our communities and the environment and are always looking for ways to make the world a better place. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages for all employees. If you’re looking to start a career, and not just a job, check us out today.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Comfort Systems USA, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strive to foster a work environment that includes and embraces racial, ethnic and gender diversity and other individual differences. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps us attract and retain the best talent, enables employees to realize their full potential, and drives high performance through innovation and collaboration.