Financial Aid Student Consultant Specialist
Danville Community College is accepting applications for an Administrative and Office Specialist III to work in the Financial Aid Office as a Financial Aid Student Consultant Specialist. This is a full-time, salaried position requiring occasional evenings and weekends. This person will report to the Financial Aid Director and Veteran's Certifying Official within the department of Student Success and Academic Advancement.
Responsibilities: Working within the Financial Aid Department, the person holding this position will perform general financial aid duties associated with the processing of state, federal, and local financial aid assistance programs and provide high quality customer service to all internal and external constituencies. Serve as initial contact for students, parents, and veterans on matters pertaining to their financial needs and enrollment, including the processing of financial aid applications, loan applications, and veteran's reports. Perform supportive level duties to maintain office structure and continual flow of work.
Specific duties include:
- Respond to requests submitted within the Financial Aid Support Center, to incoming phone calls from students and staff/faculty and assist walk-ins with documents and scheduling appointments
- Assist Veterans with completing certification requests and supporting paperwork
- Responsible for Student Outreach relating to appointment and verification document reminders
- Process student documents within SIS, prepare and scan documents into Image Now for verification review
- Scan and maintain documents for front-office accessibility
- Assist with reviewing student enrollment and authorizing awards
- Assist with student communications required to maintain compliance with federal regulations
- Assist with Financial Aid Work-Shops
- Maintain Office Calendar
- Other tasks as assigned by the Financial Aid Director and Veteran's Certifying Official.
Preferred qualifications include previous work experience in a college or university financial aid office and experience with PeopleSoft SIS.
Application Process: Apply online at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/145514. Only applications submitted through this site will be accepted. Complete application packages must include 1) an online application; 2) cover letter of interest; 3) resume; 4) transcripts of all post-secondary work; and 5) names of three (3) professional references with current addresses and telephone numbers. All documentation must be uploaded in the application process. Please note that you can only upload one (1) file to each category. Should you have multiple transcripts, you must combine all transcripts into one (1) file. Incomplete application packages will not be accepted. Faxed or emailed applications and/or supplemental documents will not be accepted. Application review will begin on April 29, 2019 and the position will remain open until filled. Danville Community College is committed to becoming a model higher education institution for diversity and inclusion and invites multicultural professionals from all backgrounds to contribute to its aspiration for building an inclusive community where everyone is given equal opportunity.