Director of Finance
- A college degree or related experience.
- Have a combination of education and experience indicating knowledge and skill in school financial matters.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting, auditing, and bookkeeping.
- Thorough knowledge of data processing and computer operation as applied to public school finance.
- Demonstrate skills in oral and written communication.
- Have demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community.
?Duties and Responsibilities:
- To act as agent for the school board as provided by State law.
- To assist in the development of the annual operating budget under the direction of the superintendent.
- To oversee the operation of the budget.
- To direct purchasing procedures including bidding for materials, equipment, and services.
- To supervise the maintenance of an inventory of appropriate division property.
- To supervise the management of the textbook system for the division.
- To develop and implement reports that assist in analyzing various aspects of the financial process.
- To assist in assuring a timely and efficient payroll process by analyzing reports and supervising the payroll bookkeepers.
- To assist the Director of Maintenance in the annual development of the capital improvement program.
- To supervise, coordinate and evaluate the work of the Food Services Liaison.
- To manage all insurance programs.
- To assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the superintendent.
- Responsible for the Eary Learning Center, elementary, middle, and high schools accounting software maintenance and updates.
- Review monthly financial reports from the schools.
- Serve as a liaison between the auditors and the school system.
Estimated salary range $80,711.00--$115,791.00