LOCATION: Central Office
The candidate for this position will provide district-wide support for Infinite Campus, the student information system for HCPS, along with support for student registration. The candidate will be responsible for data extracts for the division and Virginia Department of Education. The candidate will provide technical support for other systems, offering training for the use of those programs when needed. The candidate will serve as a member of the Technology Department's technical support team and complete other duties as assigned.
- Maintain Infinite Campus set up: setting up security access; systems settings, parent access, and handling yearly processes within the system
- Set up new school calendar in Infinite Campus and administer the roll-over of student records
- Assist school-based and central office administrators and staff with all aspects of the student information system, including, but not limited to, enrollment of students, student testing identification numbers, maintenance of student attendance, discipline, medical records, course history, records, maintenance of testing records, scheduling of students, printing transcripts, report cards, progress reports, and other reports.
- Provide student information system training for staff members
- Complete data extracts for the division and Virginia Department of Education
- Facilitate connection between the student information system and other district programs
- Coordinate enrollment information with the administrative team
- Coordinate student registration with the administrative team and principals
- Assist with SOL Testing under the general supervision of the Director of Technology and Testing
- Serve as a member of the Technology Department's technical support team and complete other duties as assigned
- Work in a collegial and collaborative manner with Central Office staff, administrators, other school personnel, parents, and community
- Five (5) years of progressively more responsible experience in the information-processing field, two (2) years of which shall have been in the field similar or related to educational records and reporting and some of which shall have been in a leadership capacity
- Previous experience with Infinite Campus preferred
- Previous experience with Virginia Department of Education Reporting preferred
- Five (5) years of progressively more responsible experience in the information-processing field, two (2) years of which shall have been in a field similar or related to educational records and reporting and some of which shall have been in a leadership capacity
- Knowledge of the general principles of data processing, retrieval, analysis, and statistical reporting as related to student information systems
- Knowledge of, and ability to, remain current in, local, state, and federal student information reporting requirements and accreditation requirements for public schools
- Technical expertise using data retrieval and reporting software and report formats
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including communication of technical information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other school personnel and other administrators.
An annual classified evaluation will be based upon the job description, district and personal goals and objective specific to the position, and the performance of the SIS Data Specialist.
This position reports directly to the Director of Technology and Testing while assisting other division level administrators with various local, State, and Federal reporting.
Apply online at www.halifax.k12.va.us