ATDM Industry Senior Support Specialist
Job DetailsJob LocationThe Institute for Advanced Learning and Research - Danville, VAPosition TypeFull TimeEducation Level2 Year DegreeTravel PercentageUp to 25%Job ShiftDay
The Institute for Advanced Learning and Research (IALR) serves as a regional catalyst for economic transformation. The mission will be accomplished through applied research, advanced learning, economic development, advanced manufacturing, and conference services. Driving Economic Transformation is at the heart of everything we do at the Institute for Advanced Learning and Research. WE discover breakthroughs, create opportunity, grow innovation, power progress, and host greatness. Each of our divisions plays a critical role in daily preserving and delivering this mission.
What will you do?
The ATDM Senior Support Specialist – Industry Engagement & Outreach performs detailed work involving the administrative tasks in relation to industry recruitment and job placement for the Accelerated Training in Defense Manufacturing (ATDM) program. This position will include, but is not limited to event coordination, collection of related data, post-graduation student follow-up, and other activities to support industry engagement as whole. Key to this role is the ability to facilitate activities that will support the local, regional, and national efforts of ATDM that will produce positive outcomes that align with the end goal of the program. An ideal candidate will be able to work independently, as well as work effectively in a team-oriented environment, managing multiple timelines, developing and nurturing key partnerships. Working in direct collaboration with the ATDM Assistant Director for Industry Engagement & Outreach and other administrative staff, this position frequently modifies and improves upon existing ATDM activities by updating processes, procedures, and documentation for wrap-around services and onboarding.
Where will you work?
We are looking for staff to work onsite in Danville, VA.
What do you offer?
• Associate’s degree in business administration, liberal arts, or human relations field or relevant professional experience required.
• Experience in coordinating projects from idea into implementation required.
• Knowledge of the manufacturing industry is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze research may be applicable to assigned project and/or for grant development and submittal.
• Strong organizational and planning skills to successfully manage multiple projects; well-developed written & oral communication skills, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse business groups.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and cloud-based project management platforms.
• Self-starter and able to work independently following written and verbal instructions, as well as work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
What IALR Offers
IALR will offer a salary of $55,000 - $61,500. IALR offers unique career opportunities in an innovative environment, all to support the economic transformation of Southern Virginia. Eligible employees are afforded excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage with lower-than-expected costs and participate in the Virginia Retirement System to save for their future.
Why is the position open?
Because of the growth of our campus through success in our many programs, we’re looking for an ATDM Industry Senior Support Specialist. Due to the success of our Manufacturing Advancement team in executing the Accelerated Training in Defense Manufacturing (ATDM) Program in partnership with the Department of the Navy, this is a new position that is funded by a federal contract. The position is funded through June 2025. IALR will continue to request funding beyond 2025.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.ialr.org/employment. Interviews will begin as qualified applicants are identified.