Membership Committee (Committee Driven)
- Identify prospective members and successfully promote membership growth.
- Welcome and nurture new Chamber members.
- Promote Chamber programs, products and services.
Annual Meeting & Awards Banquet (Committee Driven)
- Recognize excellence in business practices and volunteerism throughout the community.
- Celebrate the Chamber's accomplishments and recognize volunteers for their service to the Chamber.
Excellence in Business Awards (Committee Driven)
- Recognize and publicize outstanding achievement and excellence in business practices by identifying "Chamber Business of the Year" and "Chamber Member of the Year".
Membership Directory and Quality of Life Guide (Staff Driven)
- Market chamber member businesses and quality of life guide through distribution of the publication.
Membership Retention (Staff Driven)
- Evaluate member wants, needs and expectations by continuously assessing member feedback using a variety of vehicles including surveys and "focus groups" and providing relevant programs.
- Communicate value to the membership by providing annual statistics to members on benefits they receive including, but not limited to number of opportunities to network, educational/training workshops/seminars and referrals.
- Maintain market penetration rate of 44%.
- Personally contact every member at least once during the year.
E-News and Newsletter (Staff Driven)
- Communicate the Chamber's message.
- Educate Chamber members on products, programs and services.
Ribbon Cuttings (Staff Driven)
- Provide assistance to members during grand openings.
Website (Staff Driven)
- Serve as the Chamber's major communication and business resource tools.
- Encourage online networking, committee participation and communication through online message boards.
HYPE (Halifax Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs) (Committee Driven)
- Engage and involve young professionals by identifying their wants, needs and expectations.
- Diversify the Chamber's membership and community leadership by engaging more young professionals.
- Develop a support system for young professionals within the region.
US Chamber of Commerce Partnership
- Provide Chamber members with the opportunity to gain additional benefits through United States Chamber of Commerce Federation Membership.
Business anc Community Development
Business After Hours (Committee Driven)
- Promote business-to-business networking and sales opportunities for Chamber members through monthly networking events designed for members to meet, establish contacts and build relationships with fellow businesspeople representing all business sizes and sectors.
Business Expo (Committee Driven)
- Provide an outlet for members to do business with one another, and showcase their products and services.
Chamber Checks (Staff Driven)
- Encourage "Shop at Home" by actively promoting chamber checks.
Golf Tournament (Committee Driven)
- Business-to-business networking event to promote building relationships and connections. Proceeds will benefit Workforce Development at the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center, the Mental Health Association - Halifax County, and Chamber programs and services.
Golf Tournament Sponsorship and Team Entry
Halifax County Chamber Senior Executive Roundtable (Forum)
- Provide outreach to major employers in Halifax County and surrounding areas to offer a forum for discussion of issues relevant to them.
Leadership Halifax County (Committee Driven)
- Provide premier leadership development opportunities to emerging community and business leaders and encourage them to take on leadership roles in Halifax County.
2014-2015 Leadership Halifax County Brochure
2014-2015 Leadership Halifax County Application
Leadership 2020 Team
- Provide representation on the team charged with enhancing economic development and fostering community collaboration
- Work to build greater trust, cooperation and effective partnerships between South Boston and Halifax County leadership.
Virginia Cantaloupe Festival (Committee Driven)
- Publicize a positive community image by providing quality programs beneficial to members and the community at large.
Awareness and Messaging
Marketing (Committee Driven)
- To provide input and oversight to the marketing efforts of the Chamber.
Quality of Place
Partnership For Regional Development (Staff Driven)
- Coordinate meetings with regional leaders focusing on economic development for business and government leaders in Southside.
Halifax Forward (Forum)
- Support, nurture and promote a pro-business climate, encourage collaborative and cooperative efforts both locally and regionally to advance the economic growth and prosperity of Halifax County.
- Is "The United Voice for Positive Progress".
- Host pre- and post-legislation and candidate forums.
- Host State of the Community Luncheon.
US Chamber of Commerce
- Communicate relevant issues to membership electronically through Vote for Business, the Chamber's online advocacy center.
Transportation and Infrastructure
- Staff and support committees that represent the region's transportation priorities, initiatives and projects.